CLS 48 (April 19-21, 2012)
Abstract submission deadline:
January 10, 2012
***Extended deadline: January 15, 2012***
The Chicago Linguistic Society invites abstracts for talks which are 20 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for a question-and-answer session. We welcome papers from all major linguistic subfields and frameworks, as well as from related cross-disciplinary areas. Submissions are limited to one individual and one joint abstract per author, or two joint abstracts per author. Presented papers will be published in the CLS proceedings.
Abstracts which fail to adhere to any of the following guidelines will be rejected without consideration for inclusion in the conference program.
- Abstracts must be submitted in PDF format with filename PaperTitle.pdf (e.g., The_Morphophonemics_of_Robojibwe.pdf).
- Include paper title and keywords (i.e., CLS session title, linguistic subfield(s), language(s)/ language family) in the abstract.
- An abstract must be at most two pages in length (including data and references), on letter sized (8.5'' by 11'') or A4 page setting with one-inch margins, set in a font no smaller than 11 points. Intersperse data within the main text of the abstract. Do not put data on a separate page.
- Abstracts must be anonymous. Author name(s) must not appear on the abstract or file name. In addition, be sure to remove any author name in the document properties of the PDF file.
- Please submit your abstract at http://linguistlist.org/confcustom/cls48. All abstracts must be submitted by 11:59 PM CST on
Tuesday, January 10, 2012***Sunday, January 15, 2012***.
Abstracts will be evaluated under a two-tiered review system involving both external and internal reviewers.
For questions not answered in this call for papers, please contact us at: